News & Videos
Stay informed about important security news and information by visiting this page or by checking out our blog, Alarm Center Security. Don't forget to also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Security Tidbits & Trends
Presented by Alarm Center Security
Check out these facts about crime in Louisiana and overall crime stats, per FBI reports. Be sure to share our infographics with your friends and family!
Crime in Louisiana
FBI Burglary Facts
Beware of Summer Sales Scams!
Based on recent customer reports, Alarm Center is working to alert our customers that summer companies are now active throughout Louisiana.
In order to protect yourself and the security of your family, Alarm Center wants you to be aware of some of the tactics these sales representatives use:
- They will often say that they work for a security system manufacturer.
- They may state that they work for Alarm Center Security and knock on your door with no appointment.
- They may say they are there to "upgrade" your existing system.
- They may say they are only offering a certain number of "free" systems in your neighborhood.
- They may misrepresent that Alarm Center Security is "going out of business".
Exercise caution when entrusting your family's security. Take the following steps to ensure you always deal with a reputable alarm professional:
- Ask for an ID badge, business card or literature with their company name.
- Ask for their State Alarm License Number. All Alarm Center Security representatives have required state licenses.
Be sure to also check out our informative blog post, Security Sales Scams - Who's Knocking?.
Please contact us immediately - call or email - if you are contacted by one of these door-to-door salesmen.
GE Security - Lassie
Purchasing a Security System